Bloodborne Pathogens Syllabus
This course is for individuals with a reasonable anticipation of contact with blood or potentially infectious materials as a result of performing designated job duties.
Approximately 1 1/2 hours
May not exceed 12 months from class completion date.
- Bloodborne pathogens
- How infection occurs
- Specific pathogens
- Transmitting bloodborne pathogens
- Exposure control plan
- Recognizing the potential for exposure
- Methods to control the risks of exposure
- Using personal protective equipment
- Hepatitis B immunization
- What to do if an exposure occurs
- Communicating a hazard in the workplace